In the video, we give you the best practices behind telecom billing management.
- Get Familiar with your invoice!
- Locate and understand your account summary section.
- Understand and confirm your monthly charges!
- Do you know what your services are and what they should cost?
- Compare your invoice with your service agreement!
- If the service descriptions and costs don’t match up with your agreement, it’s time to start asking questions!
- Pay your invoice then dispute your charges!
- From time to time you may uncover mistakes on your invoice. These things happen. Don’t wait if you find a mistake. Most carriers will only give you a limited time to document and dispute a charge. (It’s in the contract!)
- Be sure to contact your carrier’s billing department for help. If you happen to know your account manager that’s even better.
- Get your dispute documented by email and be sure to get a billing ticket number for your reference. You will need this in case you need to escalate your issue!!
Other Suggestions . . .
- Don’t put your account on an autopay via credit card.
- Think twice about waiving your right to a paper bill.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Briefly review your invoice every month.
- Look for announcements from the carrier!!
- From time-to-time, the carrier may inform you of a rate, fee or tax increase.
- Legally, they only need to inform you of this in the ‘announcements or news’ section of the invoice.